Thursday, June 22, 2006

Heavy Petting

Dinner was lamb stew over rice with an Suburban Loaf from Arizmendi. Livin' La Vida Loca! And the Green Can for the kitties.

Brian, a question: Is it possible to get sick of Chinese food? Let me know.

Okay, it was probably my fault for playing favorites, but I think Ben has fallen into a bit of a funk. Basically, I've been giving Spence the lion's share of attention. Not on purpose, but you put your hand out and the guy practically pets himself. Not Ben, noooo, he sits there on MY side of the bed and swishes his tail, waiting for me to come over and give him the royal treatment. Ben couldn't take it when Spence jumped up on the bed and walked right over him to pursue my attentions, so he threw a few punches. Luckily Spence is oblivious and barely noticed. Also, Ben is overeating. I think this has been going on for a while, but I'm pretty sure he's the one who is getting up in the middle of the night to polish off all the dry food. Plus, he's always a little peeved that I haven't done the kitty litter right away in the morning. I'm a little concerned about him and him, since he's got the girth of two. So, I started giving him more attention and I let him sit on my lap while I had my quiet time. When I left this morning, his motor was running, and he was trying to melt all over the floor in the morning sun. Still, I have to recommend therapy. For the cat.

Note to self: Keep Spence out of the bedroom during the pre-vomit period immediately following din-din. That's right, he did it in the bedroom next to the bed, after the Green Can with the candlestick (for all you Clue lovers out there). Anyway, I had the Resolve, so I knew what to do and how to do it. Plus, did I ever mention that I had a cat for 20 years? I've been dealing with cat stuff since I was five! FIVE, I'll have you know. He knew he had done wrong, he pretty much made himself scarce after that for, oh, about 2 minutes until he needed another good petting.

I've decided to put the cats to work around the apartment. With all that nice long hair, why not use them as dust mops? I'm thinking I'm going to hog-tie them, attach a handle and push them around the floor. Maybe I'll wet Ben down and do some regular mopping if we're feeling energetic. Then again, maybe I'll just lay around and watch them play with the vacuum. Whatever. In any case I'm going to have to clean up after the party.

Well, things are great here Brian, hope you're having a good time in the city formerly known as Peking.

Regards,

Charlie

No comments: