Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ubuntu at Work

I switched over to Ubuntu on my work laptop because I like the clean look and feel of Linux. Following are the applications I use regularly for work:

Guake - love the F12 for a heads-up display. This is my favorite command-line interface.

Chromium and Firefox browsers

Banshee - Like it better than Rhythmbox

Dropbox - super-important for sharing files with other peeps on Windows/Mac

Tomboy - like that it will back up to Ubuntu One

Polly Twitter Client - best Twitter client I could find. Supports multiple Twitter accounts.

Geany text editor with XML plugin: I don't code, so this is about all I need.

BaseX: Easily opens large XML files for querying.

Evolution Mail & Calendar with Exchange Web Services plug-in

SFLphone Voip Client - Evolution address book integration

LibreOffice Calc & Write - Word & Excel documents

Document Viewer - PDF files

No comments: