'Charlismo' is a phrase that some of my friends let loose on me after a few disasterous but damn funny incidents. I like to think of it as that elusive quality of doing something simple and embuing it with a certain brash, devil-may-care and foolhardy confidence, coupled with a mistaken belief that creativity will somehow resolve any impending disasterous consequences.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Why Don't You Do What You Really Want To Do!
I had a funny experience the other day. I was walking down the street talking to my friend on the phone. I was telling him how difficult it can be to deal with Saturdays - an entire day completely unstructured and how I often get stuck on the Internet or watching TV, and how that happens because what I think I should be doing is chores, like cleaning around the house. I have to do my chores before I can do anything else, and I can never get through all the things I feel l need to do before I can do what I really really want to do. So he says, "Hey, just today, why don't you, when you get home, just do the thing that you really really want to do." So I got home, and I got on the Internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment