Here are a list of my current vices, just so I don't get confused and forget to indulge.
Okay, let's just say sex goes without saying, and as far as vices I think the Internet is really built on this one, so I'll just start in no particular order with #2, including subcategories.
TV
24 - Pure unadulterated adrenaline. It's my roommate's fault.
Battlestar Gallactica- The new series is co-written by Ronald D. Moore, who is the older brother of Michael Moore, who was in my grade in Chowchilla. That alone would get me to watch the show, but actually the Cyclons have gotten bigger, meaner, and in some cases, smokin' hot, 6 or 7, I forget?
Doctor Who (remixed) - I can't really believe this, but you can check out the new series at the library, and the special effects are pretty good, the emotional content and the weird ideas are so much better than anything you find anywhere else.
Mexican TV - girls & soccer. Need I say more?
Reading
Okay, just finished the last Harry Potter book, and uh, well, two days. So, yes, addicted. Haruki Murikami, some really cool blogs, and a subscription to Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine (which I'm still not totally comfortable reading in public) haven't helped matters.
Rice Cakes
This would be the natural kind, NOT the Quaker adulterated with corn kind. There are two brands that I like, one is from Belgium, and I can only find it in my local green grocer. They're rectangular, with rounded corners. The ones I like best have other grains, including spelt, and uh, another natural grain (not corn). The other ones are Lundberg. There are a few others, but for the money, Lundberg's are the best. There is definitely a politics of rice cakes going on. In safeway, the shelves are lined with Quakers cakes of crap, and there is one, maybe two rows of Lundberg at the verrrrry bottom. I think Quaker must pay for shelf space. The best way to eat them is either plain, or with some avocado smashed on top with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
Peanut Butter (and jelly)
I figure that 15-20% of my current body is formed from the consumption of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. If there isn't bread, I resort to using flour tortillas to make pb&j burritos. If there isn't jelly, I use honey (and sometimes throw in banana or raisins). When I say "peanut butter" I mean ground peanuts and salt. Period. No GSM, organic is fine but not necessary. My favorite brand is Laura Scudders, surprisingly, but they use a particular kind of peanut that is distinctively good. No palm oil or any other crap is necessary.
I know somebody may ask "Well, how do you keep peanut butter from separating?" This is easy. All you have to do is mix it up, you can even shake it. I like to throw it up in the air with centrifical force so that it spins. For a safer alternative, spin it on a formica counter. After doing this several times until it's lost it's novelty, I put the jar upside down in the fridge. When you open it, viola! Mixed. Small price to pay for salmonella-free peanut-butter.
Chocolate
This includes chocolate donuts, Reese's PB Cups, and various forms of 'slutty' chocolate, as well as ice-cream, ice-cream sandwiches, and especially of course DARK chocolate. However, this does not include caramel or Oreo's or chocolate-like or substances described as "chocolaty" or crap like that. Some, but not all cakes and cookies fall under this category, but like fruit, supermarkets have figured out how to make pastries look exciting while extracting every ounce of good taste out of them.
Swing Dancing
It's important to break this one down. This includes lindy-hop, Charleston, Balboa, Shag, uh, and repeat. Dancing is addictive. Really.
No comments:
Post a Comment