Friday, May 20, 2005

Way way out there Modern Philosophy. Like, Wow Man!

'I demand that we MAY or MAY NOT be refrigerators'
'Further', Mr. Frigishanks, 'I demand that we MAY or MAY NOT be cleaned out at 3pm this afternoon'
'Hold On! As refrigerators, can we as inanimate objects even contemplate our existence much less our state of disarray?'
'Good question! I demand, that since we cannot think, we therefore ARE, refrigerators.'
'Aye now! Wait a minute. If we can't speak, then we cannot be having this discussion let alone making demands.'
'So it seems!'
'So?'
'I demand that we MAY or MAY NOT be part of someone else's imaginary universe designed solely to make announcements about cleaning out very real (so he thinks) refrigerators at 3pm on Fridays, discarding equally real smelling food that has been left unlabeled or gone bad.'
'Wow! That's bizarre! How did you come up with that?'
'Well, we're refrigerators, and we're talking, and making demands are we not?'
'--which is impossible'
'And there you have it, we've reasoned out our nonexistence.'
'Incredible!'
'Whoa! Hello out there everyone!'
'There's no one listening.'
'How do you know? I demand that there MAY or MAY NOT be someone reading this.'
'Poof!'
'Poof?'
'Vanished, I am, in a puff of logic!'

Charloid

No comments: