This Friday at 3pm, I will construct found-art for the nose based on old and unlabeled food from the refrigerator. I will fling various substances violently into the trash and allow the random elements of fate and chance to actively participate. If you'd like to opt out of this momentous and historical (might I add on a personal note, utterly grandiose) occasion, make sure your food is labeled and fresh. I invite all to come by and inhale deeply, savoring the pungent and acrid aromas of decay. Should my creation evoke nausea, feel free to lean over and add your own personal contribution to this artistic endeavor.
El Charlismo
'Charlismo' is a phrase that some of my friends let loose on me after a few disasterous but damn funny incidents. I like to think of it as that elusive quality of doing something simple and embuing it with a certain brash, devil-may-care and foolhardy confidence, coupled with a mistaken belief that creativity will somehow resolve any impending disasterous consequences.
Friday, October 22, 2004
Olfactory Art Opening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment